Pombom - Balance Druid [Declined]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Pombom
Class: Druid

Pombom - Balance Druid [Declined]

Postby Pombom » 03 Jan 2020, 10:12

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Dennis

Character Info
In-Game Name: Pombom
Class: Druid
Primary Talent Spec: Balance
Scondary(off)Specs: Restoration. Tanked an enitre progress as Guardian which requiered much more time and effort than Resto and also more gear veriation, it's hard but definitely doable.
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: Balance is the spec I orginally started with and the spec just feels and looks awesome. It scales especially well with better gear and has great utility for the Individuum but also for the raid. (Knock back, root, Innervate, etc.) Restoration is what I rerolled to after my tank progression in Antorus. Restoration has a very unique feel, class Fantasy and mechanic to it which other classes don't. Healing entirely with HOTs and only having one maybe two direct heals is very unique and feels awesome. Skill gap between a good and an exceptional Resto druid is also very high and I enjoy playing the spec in M+
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?: An endless number of sims that I did using simcraft and Raidbots. It also makes sense as Haste increases overall astral power Generation (by being able to cast more) and scales with a few Azerite Traits and our DOTs.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: Yes, did it twice in the past (From Balance to Guardian because our Maintank left after we got CE in Tomb of Sargeras and then to Restoration after 2 of our Mainhealer left after we got Argus in Antorus)
Your Current Artifact neck lvl: Pretty much 70 (I am Level 69 but I'm missing like 2 % or something)
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/chara ... nor/pombom
Link to relevant logs: Now the question is what is "relevant"? You guys probably mean the most recent ones (which are horrible in my case because of multiple reasons) But I will give you those that show me at my peak time during Tomb of Sargeras progression: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ec=Balance

Also let me explain why my recent logs are soo bad: My azerite trait Setup is bad, and having the Right azerite traits is of upmost importance for Balance. I wasnt't prepared going into these fights (A friend of mine hit me up asking if I want to come raid with them and I wasn't prepared whatsoever) I just straight up failed in those specific encounters. I didn't play as good as I could and played it horribly on a mechanical level. And last but not least everyone was pushing for logs while I was there playing the fight for the pretty much first time which exposed me and gave me an extra hard time dealing with the encounter.

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: Desire on Antonidas and more recently RatPack on Draenor
How long were you in your previous guilds? Desire for about a year and RatPack for just two or three weeks.
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: Desire disbanded after I and about 50% of the other guildies left the Guild because of some shady moves by Guild- and Raidleading team. Ratpack: I was a Trial and they want to start raiding in 8.3 again but on a social level they just weren't quite my fit. They are nice and all but just not what I was looking for.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: I don't
Raid Experience, elaborate!: Started playing in late WoD, got myself into normal and heroic raiding with Emerald Nightmare and then into semi progression with Nighthold. Guild disbanded after we didn't manage to kill Gul Dan and because most peoples expectation were way higher than that. Got the offer to join Desire which at that time was a rank ~700 Guild. Played Balance through the entirety of Tomb of Sargeras and after we killed Kil Jaeden with a world ~530 Rank I got asked to reroll to Guardian as the Maintank left. I then tanked the entire Antorus progression and we killed Argus with a ~470 Rank after which I again got asked/offered to reroll to Healer as two of our Mainhealer left the Guild and I proceeded to heal every fight except Argus as a Restoration Druid.(We wanted to save time so I still tanked for Argus) The Guild disbanded because of some shady moves by the Guildleading team and about 50-60% of the palyer left the Guild within 2 weeks. Because of lag of content and me being in a difficult position IRL and a new workplace didn't really allow me to have a lot of freetime so WoW came short and I stopped playing. However everything setteled down now and I have a lot of freetime again and the game got me hooked again. I cleared EP on HC asap and got some mythic kills under my belt. (unprepared which resulted into very bad logs, for me preparation is everything) I wouldn't really want to raid EP anymore, I am mostly looking out for 8.3 and doing anything I can to be as much prepared as possible.
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: Very carefully, the usual and easiest way is by watching video guides on YouTube. But I like to add more Knowledge but Looking at kill vids and logs and also ask in my class Discord for class or spec specific help and tricks so I know when to use what and how I can help in the encounter.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: I usually don't take too many wipes to learn an Encounter, you barely see me wipe to one mechanic twice. But wiping is definitely and 100% part of raiding and I am very wiperesistent (600 on Kil Jaeden and 500 on Argus)
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: Going the extra step to make the Encounter easier for other players. My performance usually isn't affected by the fact that I play mechanics or not making it easy for me to do the "Special Task" like setting up safe spots in the last phase of Kil Jaeden or transporting the fire from one portal to another on Portalkeeper in Antorus. ( I have a kill Video for Kil Jaeden and Setting up marks which I can provide if needed, also have a kill Video for Argus as a Guardian Tank) Furthermore I think that especially my preparation is a huge plus for me. I usually overprepare fights thinking they are way harder than they actually are but this helps especially for later Encounter or "walls" during a new tier. I am also very quick on picking up new things as you can see in my various rerolls that all happend within a matter of 1 or 2 weeks.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: All in all for about 2 1/2 years, 2-3 months since I started again in BfA.
How much do you play?: Especially when there is a new patch or new raid or just new Things to do I am very active, I like having the edge over other players by achieving stuff before them which keeps me competitive. Raid attendance is near perfect and activity outside of Raids is also good, I like playing M+ and even a little PvP doesnt hurt.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: No
Does anyone else have access to your account?: No
Do you have any high level alts?: Currently no, it's too much effort and time to maintain an high alt, time that I currently prefer to put into my main. For shadowlands I will want to get back to having one or two raidworthy alts.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: If called for. I am usually a quiet person and dont really talk too much but if needed I will!
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): Yes

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: Found you guys on wowprogress, everything looked good and you guys were looking for a Balance Druid AND you are on Draenor which is also a huge plus.
Anything else you would like to add? (optional):

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: With me you would get a highly commited and competitive player that is never happy with his own performance and Always tries to improve and push himself even further. Near perfect raid attendance and high activity in form of M+ and just overall online time plus a well prepared raider is inclusive. ;)

If you liked my application and would like to contact me it would probably be best to hit me up on Bnet or Discord. my tag for either is Pombom#2233

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Pombom - Balance Druid

Postby Alyssia » 03 Jan 2020, 16:33

Thank you for your application, we will take a closer look and get back to you with an answer or any further questions once we have had a chance to discuss it a bit, as it is currently the holidays things might be moving a tad slowly so fair warning you might have to be a little bit patient.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Pombom - Balance Druid

Postby Alyssia » 06 Jan 2020, 22:58

If you would be willing we could do a chat at some point on coms? My Bnet is FreddieK#2983 if you want to add me on Bnet so we can set up a time?
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Return to “Recruitment”