Application Wevout - Resto Shaman [Withdrawn]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

WeVouT
Class: Shaman

Application Wevout - Resto Shaman [Withdrawn]

Postby WeVouT » 29 Dec 2019, 23:05

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Christoph

Character Info
In-Game Name: Wevout
Primary Talent Spec: Heal
Scondary(off)Specs: Sadly none, Keeping 3 Healers Raidrdy instead

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
I was healing ever since BC. First because we needed a healer in our raidteam which consited mainly out of rl friends. Later I rly started enjoying to preperation and playstyle of a healer. Every pull plays out different as everyone can make mistakes and change the course of the fight. I like the on the fly adjustments i have to do as a healer.
I never played a dps since BC. This was also the time I started to prep 2 to 3 healers raid rdy to have whatever the raid needs most available at any time.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?:
First of the shaman discord or more specificly the resto shaman discord and the website tied to this one (https://ancestralguidance.com/).
There is also a spreadsheet which compares azerite traits for raw hps output numbers which one can get from that website. Also other guides like wowhead or ice veins. But ultimatly it comes down to raid composition and CD useage (When it comes to azerite traits). Gems and enchantments can pretty much be taken from the spreadsheet/ guides.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:
Not really respec but I d be willing to switch healing classes if that is needed / wanted and I feel like I can play the class on an equal level to my shaman with some training. Atm my two other raid rdy healers are disc prist and resto druid, with druid being the better class skillwise.

Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 70
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ale/wevout
Link to relevant logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ale/wevout

Armory Link Druid: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... wevouttree
Armory Link Disc: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... voutpriest

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
The Silverhelms (HC)
Road to Victory: disbanded
Crit Alt Delete(1)
Caedes: disbanded
Crit Alt Delete(2, current)

How long were you in your previous guilds?
Between 6 weeks to 5 months since returning to WoW about a year ago

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
I am pretty much a returning player to raiding and started again with BoDa.
I first joined The Silverhelms who are a HC guild and recognized fast that I wanted to go mythic instead. Soon after the raid team disbanded and I went to Road to Victory who also disbanded after a few weeks. After that I joined Crit Alt Delete which seemed to be a good fit. But after some time I recognized that ppl dont want to prepare and raid at the same level that I want. I want to have a prepared group and for ppl to understand their class and know what they do. I had some arguments with my GL over that and ended up leaving the guild for 8.2 to join Caedes on Draenor. Sadly after 2 month of 8.2. and with a lot of raids canceled bc of attendence this guild also disbanded and my former RL brought me back to Crit Alt Delete in which I am atm.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:No
Raid Experience, elaborate!:
Well, back in Classic and BC I did a little bit of raiding. Wotlk was my main time raiding, finishing all tiers expect cursader within world top 500. After that I took a long break and returened with Boda (7/9M) and EP(5/8). My current raid has been on vacation/cancles raid since november due to bad attendence.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?:
Watching guides. FatbossTv Guides are actually pretty neat to watch but also others like Madskillz or Preach can have valueble input while preparing. I also read a lot of the wirten guides like wowhead or the limit mythic guides (EP: https://www.azsharaguide.com/)

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Yes, I dont mind dieing or wiping. The thing that gets me are people complaining about it instead of steping up their game. Its easy to blame but hard to try and improve.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I like preperation and for everyone to know what they got to do. As a shaman I got a fair bit of planing involved in my play like what talents to pick or when to hold on to a CD as another healer is using theirs. But my strength is in adjusting to things going the wrong way during a fight. I was doing Heal CD assignation in pretty much all my raid guilds and adjusted those on the fly during the raid if things escalated. F.e. Orgozoa progression had us use a ele shaman as resto with offspec and battle shaman gearing who only used his cd on command instead of on a timer. The things I need to improve on is minor CD usage. I am revering to abilities like Cloud Burst Totem or Unleash life. I am not terrible at it but my style sometimes leads me to more active abilities like Healing Rain or Chain Heal when their would be time to spend a GCD on one of those abilities.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: Vanilla
How much do you play?: about 20 hours a week (sometimes more, sometimes less. Depending on how far in the tier I am.)
Has your account been traded or passed on?: yes. I got it from a friend back in vanilla. Played it ever since.
Does anyone else have access to your account?: In theory my gf but she isnt using my pc and has a own wow account. (For completions sake)
Do you have any high level alts?: Well the 2 metioned before. Plus a 120 pala who is (suprise) a healer but not geared atm.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: yes
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: yes
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): yes, but rl can happen once in a while. I will always notify somebody when their is a risc of running late and I always know at least one week in advance if I ll miss a raid (f.e. vacation)

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: WowProgress when looking for a guild in need of a resto shaman.
Anything else you would like to add? (optional): I hope you guys had a nice christmas and a good start into 2020!

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:
I want to join a guild that is consistent in staging raids and raiding at a high level. I want the guild to provide an enviorment where teamplay stands over beating the next guy. I want an atmosphere in which fun is as important as progress.

I am driven to prep my char and boss knowledge to the best that I can and try to execute what I know on every try. I am a realistic thinker and can adjust to the raidteams needs. I dont really care if my hps numbers are the highest they can be as long as the team gets the kill (f.e. CD plan). I bring knowledge of multiple healing classes and specs. I am very outspoken and like to give input on strat discussions if allowed/ wished for. I am very outgoing and try to have fun with the ppl around me as a team instead of soloing everything.

At the very last: I can do Weakauras ;)

Thanks for your read and have a good day!
Yours, WeVouT

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Application Wevout - Resto Shaman

Postby Alyssia » 30 Dec 2019, 01:46

Thank you for your application, we will take a closer look and get back to you with an answer or any further questions once we have had a chance to discuss it a bit, as it is currently the holidays things might be moving a tad slowly so fair warning you might have to be a little bit patient.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Leix
Head of Healers
Class: Monk

Postby Leix » 02 Jan 2020, 00:28

Hi Wevout,

Thank you for your application!
Would you be free at some point in the next few days to jump on TS to have a chat with myself and a couple of the other officers? It’s a good chance to cover anything the app might have missed and also give you a chance to ask us some questions as well.

Thanks,

Leix

WeVouT

Postby WeVouT » 02 Jan 2020, 00:39

Hi Leix,
sure, I ll send you a pm with my contact info and times.

Return to “Recruitment”